The Wood County Township Association serves the community through events, scholarships and much more.
What We Do
- The association membership coordinates Township Day and public relations for that event. School visits are scheduled and trustees meet with teachers and students to help them learn about local government. Are your students interested in learning about township government? Local trustees will bring a short presentation to your classroom and provide your students with an overview of what is involved in township business. Contact any township association officer for more information.
- Scholarship monies are awarded to local county seniors. The applicants must submit a written essay on local government and its impact. A panel of township officials review and select the candidate(s) in the spring and award the individual at their local township meeting.
- Many members of the WCTA are involved with government at the state level and attend conferences throughout the year. This involvement helps them stay informed regarding the latest laws and regulations that could affect their local constituents.
- We host a welcome center at the Wood County Fair every summer. We enjoy visiting with visitors and look forward to seeing old and new friends! Gift baskets are available every day to daily lucky ticket holders.
- Premium support is given to several 4-H or FFA youth at the livestock sale during the Wood County Fair and the Pemberville Free Fair..
- The WCTA sponsors pigs for the annual Catch-A-Pig race at the Wood County Fair and the Pemberville Fair and helps support several youth with premiums at the winter catch-a-pig sales.